The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board has said its ongoing recruitment exercise into four federal paramilitary services will be completed within the next four weeks.
The board disclosed this in a statement signed by its Secretary, retired Major General A.M. Jibril, on Friday, August 21, amid growing anticipation among applicants awaiting the final outcome of the exercise.
The recruitment covers the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Nigeria Immigration Service, Nigerian Correctional Service and Federal Fire Service.
According to the CDCFIB, the exercise has entered its final stages, but the board said it would not rush the process at the expense of merit, federal character, due process and the operational requirements of the four services.
The board said successful applicants would be informed through its official recruitment platform after the remaining stages are completed.
Applicants were directed to rely on the official recruitment portal at recruitment.cdcfib.gov.ng for updates. The board did not announce any alternative portal or payment process.
The current exercise began with online applications in July 2025.
Applications were accepted between July 14 and August 11, 2025, before shortlisted candidates proceeded through subsequent stages of the selection process.
A computer-based test was conducted between November 12 and 19, 2025, followed by physical screening and document verification exercises in 2026.
The CDCFIB had earlier instructed successful CBT candidates to use its official platform to select screening venues and dates as the recruitment progressed.
The board's latest announcement indicates that the exercise is now approaching its conclusion.
The latest update follows repeated circulation of false recruitment information online.
Earlier in August, the Ministry of Interior publicly rejected a purported statement claiming that the recruitment exercise had been postponed until after the 2027 general election because of funding constraints.
The ministry described that document as fake and unauthorised, saying neither Interior Minister Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo nor the CDCFIB issued it.
It stated that no decision had been taken to suspend the recruitment and confirmed that the exercise remained ongoing.
Applicants have consequently been advised to be cautious of individuals claiming to control recruitment slots or demanding money to influence the selection process.
Official guidance from the board has consistently stated that applicants should rely only on CDCFIB channels and the designated recruitment portal.
Comments (0)
Leave a Comment
No comments yet. Be the first to share your thoughts.